Questions for our Raleigh movers? Take a look at out our FAQ about our moving services in Raleigh, NC.
1. How is the reservation process done?
It’s very easy . Give us a call to check availability and ask any question you may have about your move. We can come on site or give you an over the phone estimate.It’s that simple. You will receive a confirmation letter with all details of your move.
2. Do you have any hidden charges?
We do NOT have any kind of hidden charges. Everything you need for your move is included in our rate.
3. How do I make my move go faster?
Our team will do everything to do your move as fast as possible. But you can help us to do it even faster. Please box up all loose stuff, have boxes ready in one spot , keep pets and kids out of the way.
4. Do you charge for cigarette or lunch breaks?
Every second of the break is going to be deducted from the total time. You only pay for the time we work.
5. Do I have to give workers a tip?
Tip is always appreciated but is not a requirement.
Decide if you are packing yourself or if you want to use our professional packing services
Allow at least two weeks for packing yourself. It is easy to underestimate the time required to pack.post it
We typically can pack you in one day depending on the quantity of items.
- Purchase quality packing supplies.
- Various size, quality boxes
- Packing paper
- Paper pads
- Pack on a room-by-room basis.
- Mark or label each box with its destination room on the top and at least two sides and list contents.
- Start packing least used rooms first, such as garage and attics. Pack kitchen and bathroom last.
- Pack all your items including lampshades (take out light bulbs), shelves in the appropriate boxes using paper pads, packing paper and dividers for extra protection.
- Use extra tape to securely close heavy boxes.
- Designate a box for essential items, which is loaded last and unloaded first (toilet paper, toothpaste and brushes, medication, snacks, coffee and coffee pot, flashlight, screwdriver, pliers, can opener, paper plates, cups, utensils, a couple of pans, paper towels, telephone and telephone book).
- Personally transport irreplaceable photos, financial papers and assets (bank checks, insurance policies, etc.), legal documents (wills, passports, etc.) valuables (jewelry, coin and stamp collection, etc.) and medical records during the move.
Do not pack:
- We will wrap and pad your furniture and appliances (remove loose items from furniture, for example loose shelves from bookcases, glass shelves from china cabinets, keys in buffet doors, etc.)
- Please notify us of any items requiring dis-assembly and/or crating (chandeliers, large glass table tops, etc) so that we can wrap, box or crate these articles.
- As a safety precaution, we cannot pack, move nor store flammables such as paint, varnish, thinners, gasoline, kerosene, oil, candles, matches, bottles gas, aerosol cans, ammunition and explosives.
- Unpack breakables over the box you are taking them out of, so that if you happen to drop an item, it will land on some packing material and reduce the chance of breakage.
|Box, Volume, Measurement||Items to pack||How to pack|
|Small Box (1.5 cu. ft)16″ (L) x 12″ (W) x 12″ (H)||For heavy items:|
CDs, DVDs, videos
Wine and liquor
Non-flammable cleaning products
Expensive or rare books should be individually wrapped with packing paper. Stand records on edge (never flat). Wine and liquor bottles are wrapped and packed standing up in the box.
|Medium Box (3 cu. ft.)18″ (L) x 18″ (W) x 16″ (H)||For medium light items:|
Shoes and purses
Place linens, folded clothing or cushions in plastic bags and use them for cushioning. Wrap small appliances individually with packing paper. Small TVs and computer monitor require extra cushioning with packing paper. Always pack with screen facing sideways.
|Large Box (4.5 cu. ft.)18″ (L) x 18″ (W) x 24″ (H)||For lightweight items:|
Small kitchen appliances
Table fans and lamps
Place heavier items at the bottom. Use original boxes for appliances if still available and place in large box.
|Extra Large Box (6 cu. ft.)22″ (L) x 22″ (W) x 21 ½” (H)||For bulky, lightweight items:|
Comforters and quilts
Use popcorn (styrofoam) for extra protection when packing a chandelier.
|Dish Pack Box (5.1 cu. ft.)18″ (L) x 18″ (W) x 27″ (H)||Only fragile items:|
China and dinnerware
Place cushioning material in bottom of box. Wrap each piece individually with packing paper. Place heavy, flat items such as platters and large plates at the bottom by standing them in a row on edge. Any unfilled spaces should be filled with packing paper to avoid shifting. Pack in layers. Place crumbled paper on top of each finished layer. Horizontal cardboard dividers can be helpful in keeping layers level. Smaller plates and shallow bowls can make up another layer. Use dividers for extra protection when packing crystal, stem- or glassware.
|Lamp Box (3.3 cu. ft.)12″ (L) x 12″ (W) x 40″ (H)|
Remove the light bulb, wrap the base and bulb separately. Place them together in the box, filling spaces with crumbled paper. Pack lampshades in separate box.
|Wardrobe (13.5 cu. ft.)24″ (L) x 20″ (W) x 47″ (H)|
For your hanging clothing.
Use the wardrobe box for hanging clothing. One wardrobe carton will hold about two feet of compressed clothing on hangers. Add moth paper for wardrobe boxes that go into storage.
|Small Mirrorpack (5.2 cu. ft.)37″ (L) x 4″ (W) x 61″ (H)||For Framed items:|
Wrap each picture individually using paper pads. Pack pictures backing each other. Add crumbled packing paper on the bottom, side and top of the box to avoid shifting.
|Large Mirrorpack (6.7 cu. ft.)48″ (L) x 4″ (W) x 60″ (H)|
Same as above.
Same as above.
|Paper Pads (25 pads per bundle)64″ (L) x 54″ (W)||For wrapping:|
Wrap items tightly. Use proper size box to pack item. Stand item on edge or side (never lay flat if item is fragile).
|Packing Paper(400 sheets per bundle)approx. 37″ (L) x |
|For packing and cushioning:|
Other fragile items
Wrap items tightly and individually.
|DividersShort:17½” (L) x 17 ½” (W) x 6 ½” (H)High: 17 ½” |
(L) x 17 ½” (W) x 13″ (H)
Wrap each item individually in packing paper and place it in the divider cell. Use the appropriate divider height.
Branch Out Moving and Delivery is a Raleigh proud; family owned and operated professional moving and delivery company with over 20 years’ experience in the industry. We would love the opportunity to serve you!